A follow-up to my post about amazing modern calligraphy fonts: here are 34 FREE calligraphic script fonts for hand-lettered, flowing wedding stationery!
All the fonts listed below are absolutely free for personal use (some are free for commercial use, too – check the license!) which means you can use any and all of these to your heart’s content in your DIY wedding invitations, save the dates, envelopes and more – the sky is the limit!
1. Plates Napery – A lightweight, flowy and hand-letterd script font.
2. Masana Script – an old-fashioned, chic monoweight, Marilyn Monroe-esque handwriting script font.
3. Allura – a simple, no-frills, casual calligraphic script font.
4. Arizonia – varying bold and thin strokes are dramatic and pretty in this calligraphy font.
5. Dancing Script – A cute, modern script for a spontaneously stylish look.
6. Euphoria – unconnected letters give this font a more careful look, but still plenty of style and grace to be found in those calligraphic strokes.
7. Great Vibes – a more classic script font heavy strokes and dramatic caps.
8. Windsong – a whimsical, free-flowing handwriting script font.
9. Herr von Muellerhoff – a fancy, vintage and unique handwriting font.
10. Kristi – a quick, off the cuff handwriting style, this font has eye-catching thick strokes.
11. Rochester – a demure, upright script with plenty of personality.
12. Montez – another upright handwriting font, this one has varied stroke widths and simple letterforms for a polished and suave look.
13. Mademoiselle Camille – fancy and swirly handlettering script font.
14. Daydreamer – a childlike and whimsical calligraphic handwriting font.
15. Nella Sue – a hint of the calligraphic shines through in this simple handwriting font.
16. Biloxi Script – a striking, artistic handwriting font.
17. Notera – I would describe this font as “a polished, sophisticated scribble”! Still, there is something elegant in the angles of the connecting strokes.
18. Qaskin – a handlettered, modern calligraphy font with varied stroke widths and elegant capitals.
19. Austie Bost Dreamboat – this font’s peculiar name is approprivate for the childlike, wandering letters – perfect for a more whimsical wedding invite design.
20. Brayden Script – a monoweight, cursive font for a clean, modern design.
21. Janda Stylish Script – one of the more popular free script fonts out there, and for good reason: the little curlicue flourishes add just the right touch of stylish whimsy to this contemporary calligraphy font.
22. Mardian – looping letters and narrow writing make for a script font that would look great on rustic wedding invitations (I’m thinking winery – somehow the looping flourishes remind me of grape vines.)
23. Xiomara – this is a more modern font, with its upright style, and fat terminals on the capital letters.
24. Quickier – super thin strokes and plenty of loops makes for a formal, elegant handlettered script.
25. Everything Holiday – if you’re looking for a script font that looks explicitly hand-drawn, this whimsical calligraphy will do nicely!
26. Some Weatz – ornate swooshes on the capitals means this is one of the more popular free script fonts in the DIY wedding design world!
27. Brotherhood Script – this thin script has a refined, elegant look, with capital letters much larger than the rest of the font.
28. Yaquote Script – a slanted calligraphic script font that’s sophisticated and reserved.
29. Coneria Script – another popular free script font, the calligraphy-like thick-and-thin strokes and simple letter forms make for a trendy, modern and very elegant script.
30. Castro Script – this one’s a bit unusual: a monoweight handwriting font for a dash of contemporary whimsy.
31. Aligot de Mirabelle – Ornately swooshing capitals and a more upright slant joins old-world elegance and modern sensibilities into one styling font.
32. Sverige Script – another oft-cited free script font, Sverige has unique, adventurous flourishes for a more elaborately flowy look.
33. Black Olives – undoubtedly modern, this fluid handwriting script font is charming and trendy.
34. Tamoro Script – rounding out our list is the unique Tamoro script: a scrawling, thin font for a bold design.